domenica 21 maggio 2017

NNAMDI OKONKWO | ART



“I was born in Eastern Nigeria in 1965. I am the first of three sons. I currently reside in Fayetteville, Georgia with my wife and three children.

As far back as I can remember I have always been drawn to art. Later on I realized that my artistic sensibilities were best expressed in the three dimensional art of sculpture. Around this same time I was introduced to basketball, which suited me well as I am six feet nine inches tall. After obtaining a Degree in painting in Nigeria, basketball became the avenue for me to come to the United States. I was recruited by BYU-Hawaii where I played from 1989-1993, and graduated with a BFA in Sculpture.

Immediately after that, I enrolled in the graduate program at BYU-Provo where I received an MFA degree in sculpture in 1997. While going to school in Provo, I met and married my wife, Deidra, who is from Idaho and graduated in 1996 with a Master of Accountancy.

I now work full time out of my studio in Fayetteville. My work is represented in galleries across the country, and my large scale monumental work can be seen in individual and public sculpture gardens as well." Nnamdi Okonkwo
























Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

ShareThis

post<li>
Related Posts with Thumbnails