mercoledì 16 aprile 2014

MADIHA ABDO | PHOTOGRAPHER

Street photography is one of my favoured fields of photography, for it allows me the capturing with my camera the interesting expressions of some people in public space. This requires the intuitive ability to foresee what might be unfolding and clicking the shutter at the right moment. Street Lives also help me learn more about the society among which I live, recording all those actions and situations that seem worthy of being observed and recorded. Shooting all those interesting things happening in front of me makes me feel important as if I were somehow witnessing and participating to what was happening and being recorded by me, and, possibly, others as well.
My project is intended to visually cover the London Snowy Day, which saw exceptionally heavy snowstorm, accompanied by high winds. Having listen to the Met forecast of the coming heavy snow, I decided to avail myself of this unique opportunity, to capture some interesting images of London hit by the heavy snow. Getting out on the streets that day demanded some courage and risk taking, as most people would prefer to remain safely in their homes and viewing the TV channels reporting live on what was happening. The falling heavy snow and high winds meant that visibility was very low, making impossible to get sharp and well-defined images. Therefore, I contented myself of trying to obtain some interesting black and white shots, showing various people almost totally covered by the snow, trying to safely find their ways in the blinding blizzard, while each hurries to his or her destination under their umbrellas, and with lowered shoulders and heads as to indicate the extent of the heavy pressure of snowstorm and heavy winds.
I love black and white photography for its ability of capturing the targets in almost magic way, seemingly producing images that are strong, pure and without distractions. I want people to experience what I feel during my process of image creation and to have fun while viewing my images.






















All images © Madiha Abdo


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

ShareThis

post<li>
Related Posts with Thumbnails