lunedì 16 aprile 2018

KONSTANTINOS VASILAKIS | PHOTOGRAPHER



"Born and raised in Athens Greece was probably the governing factor why my love for landscape photography grew strong. Living in the concrete jungle always urged me to try and find an escape and photography was the means for me to achieve this. I am a self taught guy who started with baby steps in the film era and developed my skills much faster in the digital world. I enjoy being outdoors and a nice trek on a mountain or a coastal area will satisfy me like nothing else.
I am very fortunate living in a place that has pretty much everything alas in a much smaller scale, which by itself is a challenge since beauty needs to be found and that is no easy task in a country where its people don’t have much respect for the environment they live in. My goal through photography is that by capturing the natural and unspoilt landscape wherever this is possible to show the locals and visitors of the beauty that surrounds them in an effort to raise awareness.
I have passions and maybe some obsessions like shipwrecks, but I will photograph anything that will appear visually interesting in a landscape whether this is pure nature or includes a human “footprint”. I live by some photography rules and one of them is included in the few lines of Garry Winogrand above. I don’t seek to capture reality as everybody else sees it. My final images want to be the outcome of my personal interpretation of the scene in front of me. This is an ever going challenge but a challenge that I enjoy immensely and willing to face it with every opportunity given.
Sharing the beauty of the landscapes around me has also made me realize that there is something I want to equally share, and that is the knowledge I have gained throughout the explorations and encounters I had with nature and with people. Hope you enjoy the trip through my words and images. Oh and excuse my English…I am Greek" website


























All images © Konstantinos Vasilakis



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

ShareThis

post<li>
Related Posts with Thumbnails