lunedì 18 maggio 2015

CLIVE LIMPKIN | PHOTOGRAPHER

“For thirty five years, I ran the gamut of Fleet Street as a photographer with the Daily Express, The Sketch, The Sun and Daily Mail, while feature writing for The Sunday Times and The Observer.
In 1972, my book, The Battle of Bogside published by Penguin, showing three years of fighting in Northern Ireland won the Robert Capa Gold Medal from Life magazine ‘for superlative photography requiring exceptional courage and enterprise abroad.’ My photograph of the first topless girl to appear in The Sun, however, has failed to receive any official recognition.
After becoming Travel Editor of A La Carte magazine, I left Fleet Street to concentrate on travel photography and writing. In 2008, Abbeville Press of New York published, India Exposed showing over two hundred of my photographs of the sub-continent.
In 2013 I published my autobiography of my Fleet Street years, Lost in the Reptile Housewhich is out now as an e-book on Amazon’s Kindle here and on Apple’s iTunes store for iPads here.
I have just released Talk to me America which is available now for Amazon’s Kindle here.” CLIVE LIMPKIN


























All images © Clive Limpkin

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

ShareThis

post<li>
Related Posts with Thumbnails