mercoledì 9 settembre 2015

MIMO KHAIR | PHOTOGRAPHER

“I was born in beautiful Lebanon. I lived with my family, parents, two brothers, two sisters and a whole tribe of relatives in a small village called Kousba in North Lebanon. I went to school and later graduated from The American University in Beirut. Having had enough of the war and feeling the need to expand my horizons, I moved to New York at age 21, where I first discovered my passion for art overall, and photography in particular.

I attended art classes at Parsons School of Design, HB acting studio and later apprenticed with various photographers in New York. In New York City, I found my home, or should I say 8 homes. It is there that I met and grew my best friendships and my most significant life forming experiences.
Since 1996 my photography has spanned the globe. My photo exhibits including a solo show in Lausanne, Switzerland, mostly feature my favorite sub­jects: children, ancient monuments,portraits, and landscapes from my travels.
I am very lucky to have my  photographic works used in renowned educational programs internationally—including Talking Hands Talking Feet, New York’s Earth School, Something Good in the World, and the Shalom Templata multi­cultural program. My photographs have been published in various magazines, websites and news media. You can find some of my work on Getty Images as well.
Since 1997, I have led summer art camps for children in Europe, the United States and the Middle East. I founded the acclaimed Blue Star Youth Movement to foster budding talents in art and photography for teenagers.  I currently live in Shanghai with my husband and our young daughter and I work as a freelance photographer on a variety of projects that take me around the world.”

























All images © Mimo Khair


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

ShareThis

post<li>
Related Posts with Thumbnails