giovedì 7 febbraio 2013

DANIEL GRIFFIN AKA FALSALAMA | PHOTOGRAPHER

Falsalama clip_image002
clip_image004

"I have been sharing my photos on the web under the nickname falsalama, my real name is Daniel Griffin. I am English and travel a lot, and lived abroad for a chunk of my life, mainly in Asia. I remember making a pin hole camera as a boy scout and feeling really inspired. I went on to art school and ran an art and framing gallery in Oxford in the early 90's between travels to India, Nepal and Tibet where I studied Tibetan Buddhist philosophy and meditation. I have always loved photography. In the last 4 or 5 years with websites like flickr and blogs gaining popularity it has become easier and more enjoyable to share work so i have definitely spent more time with it. I have made some good friends and been really inspired and motivated from being more connected in a large community of creative people." 
            
clip_image005clip_image006clip_image007clip_image006[1]clip_image008
Laos, Luang Probangclip_image006[2]Yangshuo fisherman

clip_image010
tokyo street pan

clip_image012

"I am currently printing some of my pictures, selling prints and working towards another exhibition and a book. I'm also going to renew my website and improve my portfolio and will take on some slightly more commercial assignments, as well as continuing with my own personal projects."

clip_image014
clip_image016
clip_image017

"I enjoy the feelings of creativity and inspiration that I get from photography, and see it as a valuable outlet to try express certain things that cannot be so easily put into words. 
I don't take myself very seriously at all, but there are elements of my life, travels and experiences that do filter into my work, and there are definite ideas that I strive to sum up in my pictures, or at least they represent something to me about my life, and the bigger picture, if that makes sense."

clip_image019
clip_image021 clip_image022Tibetan nomad
"I think my style varies a lot and I'm really changing and trying new things at the moment, but i have always loved classic black and white, grainy candid portraits like back stage scenes, and gritty black and white street and documentary styles, but I also love fine art and the more cool, artistic and alternative side of fashion."

clip_image024

"I can be quite critical about my own photos, and always looking for ways to improve them. I am currently making efforts in technical areas to achieve more finesse in processing and better exposure, and tonal ranges, basically to produce higher quality images."

clip_image026All images © falsalama

Links:
facebook
500px
Website
flickr
ameblo

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

ShareThis

post<li>
Related Posts with Thumbnails