mercoledì 6 febbraio 2013

CHRISTIAN-ALS | PHOTOGRAPHER

“I am a Danish photographer and filmmaker born in the countryside outside Copenhagen. Most of my work centers on 'concerned photography' and I am constantly drawn to social, political and economic issues throughout the world. I have worked in countries like Haiti, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Russia, China, Algeria, DR Congo, Kenya, Gaza, Lebanon, Kyrgyzstan and India. In 2006 I graduated from the Danish School of Journalism. My passion and interest in photography developed in the late nineties after extensive travels in third world countries, where I realized the urge to document my surroundings. I love to undertake social and humanitarian projects around the world, and like the journey a photographic project can turn into over time. Most of all I just love people and love photography.
My work has been published in publications such as TIME, The New Yorker, The Sunday Times Magazine, GEO, Stern, Der Spiegel, The Wall Street Journal, L'espresso, D La Repubblica delle donne, Internazionale and El Pais Semanal.”
www.christianals.com
www.highcamp.dk

8f32e4120b09df61d353799c9b1f40f408be98ab_m 3639a11f66ba5c31a4e94778db4ec98cbf5be3c1_m 11094--Kibera002_1866168b kibera

A couple eat breakfast in the market in Jalal-Abad. kyrgyzstan11
A couple eat breakfast in the market in Jalal-Abad. kyrgyzstan11


LIBYA A family takes an evening stroll in the new found freedom of Benghazi’s old town. Libya014

A strip dancer in a Bishkek restaurant. kyrgyzstan07 A strip dancer in a Bishkek restaurant. kyrgyzstan07

LIBYA Art Libya012

LIBYA Burned criminal records in the ravaged Police Station in Bengazi. Libya007

christian_als_kibera4 kibera

christian-als-growth-03-690x460kibera

christian-als-growth-06-690x459 kibera

Christian-Als--Kibera---T-013 kibera

All images © Christian-Als

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

ShareThis

post<li>
Related Posts with Thumbnails