domenica 11 agosto 2013

GIL BRUVEL | ART

Born in Sydney, Australia, in 1959, Gil Bruvel's French-born parents moved the family back to the south of France when he was 4 years old. While taking drawing lessons at age 9 and learning sculpture basics, Gil proclaimed himself an artist. He began working with oil paint at the age of 12 and the local environment had an enormous and lasting effect on his palette.
Gil's father, a renowned cabinet maker instilled in Gil an understanding of precise construction and design. This education included furniture design, which Gil applied to his functional art designs in bronze years later. In 1974, Gil began studies at an art restoration workshop in Chateaurenard, France. Gil studied under M. Laurent de Montcassin learning the techniques of Old and Modern Masters as well as art history of the 14th-20th century. His duties included restoring ancient ceilings, frescoes, and paintings.Thereafter, he set up his studio in St. Remy de Provence until 1986 when he first made his way to the United States, making it his permanent residence in 1990.
Each of his experiences has molded him into the artist he is today. When you sit on the Ponder Pad, gaze at The Wind, or handle the Chess Set you can feel 40 years of artistic development at your fingertips.
A word from Gil... 
“I am artist because it is the conduit to release the ideas and visuals I carry daily. Since I was a little boy I have pursued my own exploration rooted in the unconscious mind and nurtured with daily practice using a variety of mediums of artistic expression. My artistic process developed organically from my father's cabinet shop to the stainless steel sculptures I create today.
I am very passionate about my current expression- Flow Series. It is the culmination of my life's work. The overwhelming feeling of purpose and expression started with my design of George's Horse. I wanted to do something new and contemporary, but it wasn't exactly the idea of modernity that led me to this design.
The ribbons with which I was creating lent me direct lines of expression; and with these tools I could finally capture the dynamism and weight I was seeking.
I remember when I started to experiment shaping up the general line of George's Horse. I could literally feel the infusion of motion enter my work in real time. With each ribbon, the eye bends, curves, assembles, deforms, and traces the edges of each subject. The ribbons direct my emotions and creative flow with a force like I have never felt before. The smaller ones are subtle-the larger ones are essential, but they all flow together to create one being. The multiple patterns of the lines effectively illustrate the multifaceted parts of what makes us human.
As I further experimented with My Mirror's Remains, Dichotomy, and The Wind, I began to understand that these ribbons exist in a universe of parallels. Once they converge, the overwhelming theme of the daily juxtaposition of human frailties and strength emerges."
Gil Bruvel
Award winning French painter Gil Bruvel creates works of art with quality reminiscent of the Old Masters in a distinct Visionary style. Born in Sydney, Australia, Gil Bruvel's French-born parents moved the family back to the south of France when he was 4 years old. Gil's father, being a cabinetmaker, introduced the budding artist to the inner workings of a wood workshop including furniture design, its practical function, and every aspect of hand crafting each piece.

clip_image001
clip_image003

Thereafter he set up his studio in St. Remy de Provence until 1986 when he first made his way to the United States, making it his permanent residence in 1990. At that time he started to experiment more with sculptures in bronze, mixed media and digital modeling as well as continuing to learn about creative processes in artistic expression.
He is currently creating functional art, sculptures and paintings. Gil Bruvel has been exhibiting his work since 1974 in various places around the world and including: France, Monaco, England, Denmark, The Netherlands, Hungary, Japan, Singapore, New York, Florida, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, California and Hawaii. His work has received many awards and his collectors span the globe.

clip_image004
clip_image005
clip_image006
clip_image007
clip_image008
clip_image009
clip_image011
clip_image013
clip_image015
clip_image016
clip_image017
clip_image018
clip_image019
clip_image020
clip_image021
clip_image022
clip_image023

clip_image025
clip_image026
clip_image027
clip_image028
clip_image029
clip_image030
clip_image031
clip_image032
clip_image033
clip_image034
clip_image035
clip_image036
clip_image037
clip_image038
clip_image039
clip_image040

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

ShareThis

post<li>
Related Posts with Thumbnails