venerdì 10 novembre 2017

JACOB MAENTZ | PHOTOGRAPHER



“I’m an American documentary and travel photographer based in Cebu, Philippines. Born with itchy feet and an insatiable curiosity about the world around me, I’m passionate about documenting issues related to the human condition, culture, and humanity’s interactions with the natural world. My strongest abilities are listening, connecting, and collaborating with people from different backgrounds while my style and approach is simple, authentic and has a strong focus on visual story telling.
I have worked closely with corporations, humanitarian organizations, publishers and advertising agencies and my photos have appeared on everything from television commercials and billboards to magazine and book covers. Much of my documentary work is represented by Corbis Images and my cultural images have made it into the private collections of photo lovers.
My journeys have taken me to the most remote corners of the Pacific Ocean and Bering Sea, drifting for more than 250 days aboard small fishing vessels. I’ve seen unspeakable human devastation and suffering after natural disasters and consoled with survivors. I’ve spent days hiking through tropical forests and trail-less mountains to meet fascinating people in remote villages. I taught photography to students as a Peace Corps volunteer on the island of Palawan, hiked with communist rebels, and held a brief conversation with the President of the United States. Most importantly, I’m the husband of a beautiful wife and the father of two amazing kids.”

























All images © Jacob Maentz
lightstalking      

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

ShareThis

post<li>
Related Posts with Thumbnails