giovedì 11 settembre 2014

GULNARA SAMOILOVA | PHOTOGRAPHER

"I picked up a camera when I was 15. In my native Russia, I was a photography teacher and specialized in documentary photography. I earned a diploma in photography while in Russia and hold a certificate from the International Center of Photography. I have been in the United States since 1992 and continue to do my own documentary photography projects both in Russia and the United States.
I was supposed to be in Russia on Sept.11 to photograph a family I was chronicling as part of a personal, ongoing project. Instead, I was nearly buried alive in the ash and debris from the World Trade Center as I documented the events of the day.
I was awarded nationally and internationally for my photographs from 9/11 including first prize in the World Press Photo contest “People in the News” Singles division for my photograph of survivors of the World Trade Center collapse."

























All images © GULNARA SAMOILOVA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

ShareThis

post<li>
Related Posts with Thumbnails