giovedì 27 febbraio 2014

ALAN SHAPIRO | PHOTOGRAPHER

“I grew up on the creative side of the advertising world, working with clients around the world; telling their unique stories in very unique ways.
Along the way, I've had the pleasure of working with many, many talented photographers, directors and imagemakers. I became envious of their art and craft. At first, I saw it as a means of reducing my stress-filled life. As a Chief Creative Officer at the world's largest Advertising Agency Network, I needed a distraction. So I bought a camera. And then another. And another. My new hobby and daily "creative exercise regimen" quickly turned into a joy-filled and all consuming passion.
I love talking to all sorts of people and seem to have a knack for getting them to open up and share themselves despite the intrusion and intimidation that a serious-looking camera often represents.
I like finding and sharing things I find.
Beautiful things. Powerful things. Poignant things.
I am incredibly patient and am often rewarded with moments of magic.
I also enjoy taking something ordinary and making it something well beyond that. Illustration and painting are other passions and I love creating unique photocompositions. (To paraphrase Ansel Adams: "…making pictures, not just taking them.")
One thing led to another and now I'm published, winning awards and having my work shown in galleries.”





















All images © Alan Shapiro


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

ShareThis

post<li>
Related Posts with Thumbnails